Friday, December 12, 2008

changes

i had my internship orientation today.  came home and got to thinking about life. just about how my life is about to change.  i'm done with college and about to embark on my new life.. my career. a completely different phase in life. then, i thought about my past.. the things i've done.. the fun times.. really great times.. and the mistakes i've made.. the people i've hurt with my carelessness or selfishness.  this, of course, started the 'what if' thoughts... that's when i thought about a quote i had read:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." -Buddha

i think that's a really good point.. dwelling in the past. people waste so much time thinking of things that have happened.. or dwelling on mistakes they have made.  what does that really do.? does it change what happened.? no. is it going to make you feel better.? no. 

we need to learn to not only forgive others, but to forgive ourselves as well.... forgive others because being resentful only hurts you in the end.. and makes you a miserable person..all that anger will eat you up inside.. and forgive yourself for the mistakes you've made.  every mistake teaches you something. and once what's done is done.. all we can do is take it as a lesson learned.  hopefully, we don't make the same mistake again.  

live. learn. grow.

life is constantly changing.. that is inevitable. that's not to say that we always welcome change with open arms.. i mean.. change is a big thing. and can be scary and very hard to adjust to.  but we should enjoy it... learn from it... grow from it...   

so anyway... back to Buddha... i'm happy in the present moment. i really like where i'm at. i'm ridiculously proud of myself and know that my family is too.. and that's what's really important to me. i'm blessed with what i have and excited for what's in store for me. =)


....to be continued. 

lol

No comments: